Whether you like it or not the visual content your put out on the internet – Is your brand photography. Every piece of content connected to you speaks to the viewer in more ways that you could ever imagine. I’m sorry it’s the world we live in now.
So what is brand photography and why should you care about it?
Brand photography is exactly how it sounds. It’s all your visual content; from your homepage, to your social media posts, to your email header, to the stationary you use. So whether you’re a business owner or not. Your photos (even stock photos and canva graphics) are a reflection of you and your values. It sends an unconscious message to your viewers about who you are and what you stand for. People will make a subconscious decision whether they relate to you based on these things. I know for me personally if I don’t like the way a page, or picture looks I won’t read it. So despite how good that content may well be if it isn’t presented well. I just can’t concentrate.
How to do brand photography?
First you need to figure out your brand photography style, create a brand photography guide using these brand photography tips.
Your brand is a visual representation of YOU.
And there is no better way to get that across than with a personal brand photoshoot.
What you need?
A camera (yes you’re phone is fine as long as you shoot in DNG)
Here’s my top 7 tips to making a successful personal brand photos happen.
- Goals – Why are you doing it?
- Connect with the right people
- Showcase who you are and why you here
- Launch something in-particular.
- Choosing the perfect location for your personal brand photography session can be tricky. You want to choose a location that represents your lifestyle and tells your brand story but has enough visual appeal to attract and engage your viewer.
- Your first goal in location selection should be to invite your viewer into your world. Start with your place of business, your office or home. Consider your brand aesthetic or the look and feel of your brand. Think about your colour story and the vibe you want to portray as guideposts for your ideas.
- Original message
- What makes you you?
- Wow shots
- Time for those pose ideas.
- In style
- Start thinking about what suits you, what brings out the best parts of you. What you look great in? and what makes you feel great?
- Nice accessories
- Props really do make a session. It helps tell your story.
- Gorgeous – Congrats you look great and hopefully you feel great.
Remember, the key to a successful brand photography shoot is to bring your personality to LIFE.
Don’t forget to have fun and make sure every last detail connects to your brand.